Melissa Ann Goodwin

Melissa Ann Goodwin

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

A Tale of Two Beaches

Yesterday I posted about Siesta Beach on Siesta Key, Florida. It's been named the #1 beach in the U.S.

Today we went to Boca Grande on the island of Gasparilla. White sand, not as soft and powdery as Siesta, but that's because there are lots of sea shells crushed up into the sand. Boca is much less crowded than Siesta because the beach goes all around the island and there are lots of places to access the beach. It never gets crowded in any one spot.

We got there early and watched dolphins playing - what a sight. And I collected lots of sea shells, which for some reason, always makes me feel happy. Gifts from the sea.

So here is Siesta Beach again:



And here's Boca Grande:



We like Boca better - just us and our seagull :) No beaches tomorrow - I have to teach my yoga classes. That's okay - I need to get out of the sun!!

7 comments:

  1. Boca, seagull, shells and dolphins would have my vote too. A treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :). The pictures tell the tale - all those people on Siesta - too crowded for our taste!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous2/12/2014

    Sounds like a couple of fun days in the sun. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was like taking an impromptu vacation...

      Delete
  3. Aaah... If you need me, I'll be daydreaming about beaches :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have to say, Florida beaches are pretty awesome.

      Delete
  4. I'd be happier on the less crowded beach too. Looks like heaven! But I remember visiting Siesta Key back in the 80s when my sister lived in the area and it was a gorgeous beach.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!