Melissa Ann Goodwin

Melissa Ann Goodwin

Thursday, July 26, 2012

FAREWELL TO NOVA SCOTIA


Hard to believe that it's been a month since we arrived here in Hubbards, Nova Scotia. At first, I thought that would be an awfully long time to be here ... wasn't sure what we'd do. But it turned out to be just fine. We went to Halifax three times, to Peggy's Cove, Lunenberg, Liverpool, Mahone Bay and Chester, and followed most of the coastline from Halifax to Liverpool. The weather was with us - remarkably so. We enjoyed a concert on the harbor for Canada Day and saw the Tall Ships sail into Halifax Harbor. We found some lovely beaches, a delightful waterfront park here in Hubbard where we spent many afternoons reading and resting, and the local library, that had  great wifi!

As we head out of Nova Scotia for Quebec, I'll leave you with these images of some of my favorite memories of our time here on the South Shore .... Enjoy!


Tall Ships, Halifax Harbor

Mahone Bay

Our day at the Citadel - my friend James and me :)

Hubbards Community Waterfront Park - where we spent glorious afternoons reading, napping and watching the boats go by

LeHave Bakery - an unexpected delight!

I think this is Five Points Lighthouse in Lunenberg!

Near Peggy's Cove

Bagpiper at Peggy's Cove Lighthouse

Peggy's Cove

Reading at the J.D. Shatford Library in Hubbards

2 comments:

  1. Those ships are so beautiful and majestic. What a lovely time you're having!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Melissa, I've been away a few days, but I went back on your blog and read the postings I'd missed as well as your guest post. I in such admiration that you've marketed the book so well with signing and readings and guest appearances at schools and libraries. Congratulations on your sales and on your unbounded enthusiasm.

    Also, I've enjoyed the photos you've posted from Nova Scotia. Such a lovely place. Peace.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!