Melissa Ann Goodwin

Melissa Ann Goodwin

Friday, December 9, 2011

Dreams of Trains, Toys & Donkeys at the Children's Museum

This Sunday, I'll be reading/signing The Christmas Village at the Santa Fe Children's Musuem, from 2 to 4pm.  And, I've decided to donate $1 per print copy sold during ALL of December to the Museum - that's whether it's sold there, or on Amazon or Barnes & Noble. Sales have been good so far, so I'm looking forward to writing them a BIG CHECK!

It's the museum's annual holiday event called, "Dreams of Trains, Toys and Donkeys." I am not the donkey! It's a major fundraiser for the museum, which, like most non-profits, is struggling for its life these days. I'm delighted to be able to be there and be a part of helping this wonderful institution survive and thrive.

Here's the link to their website, with information about the holiday event: Santa Fe Children's Museum

Today, I'm off to teach Restorative Yoga and Gentle Yoga. Look forward to turning some stressed-out folks into blissed-out folks.

Have a great Friday!

Melissa

5 comments:

  1. I've been looking at yoga classes that I would like to take with my husband but not finding a lot of mixed classes. Not sure if I can get him to go otherwise.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful. And boy could I ever use a de-stressing class. I think I'll settle for a massage in January :)

    Have fun at the signing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sally, I think it is hard for men to want to get started, but we have a lot of men coming to our studio. And I don't think it's just all the great looking yoga teachers :-)

    Carol, my restorative classes make you feel like you've had a massage! If we ever swing through your town, we'll do a class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds wonderful Melissa! I'm sure your book will do very well in the sales. Who couldn't love The Christmas Village?!

    Megan @ Storybook Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much, Megan! I'm really looking forward to it - the perfect venue, and a chance to help them out as well.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!