Melissa Ann Goodwin

Melissa Ann Goodwin

Monday, April 28, 2014

Safe Harbors

"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."

~William Shedd


"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

~Mark Twain


Four-masted schooner sails out of Bar Harbor, Maine

This picture was taken in Bar Harbor, Maine in 2012, during our year-long RV adventure. The RV was our version of a "ship at sea." Though the experience challenged me on many levels, it was also one of the very best times of my life. As I look back at all the pictures I took during those months, I have nothing but wonderful memories  - and some very funny stories about things that, at the time, did not seem so funny! I'm so glad that I sailed out of my safe harbor because I wouldn't trade that - or any of our travels and adventures - for anything.





3 comments:

  1. Thanks Karen. It's so beautiful there and it was such a lovely day. It would have been hard to take a poor photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe Harbour is such an individual thing isn't it? And beauty, like your incredible photo, is a big part of mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think beauty is a safe harbor for me too. When we traveled, I felt grounded by the beauty that surrounded me.

      Delete

Talk to me!