|That's not really us!|
My goodness, what a week! We moved out of our house on Tuesday and closed on the sale Wednesday. As one of my FB friends said, "Done and Done!"
As many of you know, this move is a two-step process:
1. Move to apartment here in Santa Fe for six months
2. Buy an RV and hit the road in April 2012.
I learned a couple of important things this week:
1. We still have too much stuff! We threw away, donated and stored a great deal BEFORE the move. But as we loaded and unloaded the truck on Tuesday, it was clear that more had to go. Nothing encourages you to get rid of your stuff as much as having to carry it into a truck and out again! We are opening every box and tub with an eye to what else can go can go.
2. We are not as young as we used to be. 'Nuff said.
3. We are very, very fortunate. It's hard to sell a house in this market, but we did. And many people have had to move out of necessity, not choice. I know how lucky we are to have been able to do this as a positive choice, and I'm grateful.
I have slept better the last two nights in our cozy little apartment than I have for the last six months. Not just because the move was exhausting, but because of the relief of the stress of it all. I feel clear and uncluttered in my mind now too.
In the midst of all that, I got the second proof of The Christmas Village yesterday, and this should be (fingers & toes crossed) the thumbs-up, which means it will be up on Amazon.com by 10/15 and available from me for those who want signed copies, sooner.
I'll be doing a bunch of fun interviews and posts all over BloggiLand now through year-end, so I hope I won't annoy you too much with all that. I'll be asking you to spread the word about the book, and I'm very grateful for all the support you've given me and the smiles you bring to my face.
Hugs n More Hugs!