Melissa Ann Goodwin

Melissa Ann Goodwin

Sunday, March 20, 2011

New Book by Arthur Wooten and a Blog Award

http://www.arthurwooten.com/blog.htm

I have recently reconnected on Facebook with several elementary and high school classmates, and it's wonderful to find out what they do now. It turns out that Arthur Wooten, whom I knew as "Bobby", is a playright and the author of two critically acclaimed books, On Picking Fruit and Fruit Cocktail. For two years he has been the humorist for the London based magazine, reFRESH. But most importantly, Bobby - er - Arthur's new book, Birthday Pie, will be released in April. Check it out on his website at http://www.arthurwooten.com/.

Today I want to give a blog award that I just made up: The "I Wish I'd Written That Post" Blog Award. It goes to Sarah Allen, who wrote the 3/19 post: 5 Things Writers Can Learn from American Idol's Casey Abrams."  Casey is is absolutely fearless about being himself and just putting it out there. Sarah hits the target with her assessment of what Casey is doing right and how it applies to writers - and anyone pursuing a creative path. Check out Sarah's blog at: http://fromsarahwithjoy.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

  1. Wow, I am ecstatic! Thank you so much, I really, really appreciate your support and kind words. I'm very glad you found the post valuable. Best of luck in your own writing :)

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that Award you created! The blogs and writing community are so inspiring, I'm off to check out Sarah's post ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi - thanks Joanne - I think that will be my "signature" Blog Award! It's fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa Ann...love the idea of your Blog Award. So often, we read posts by others that just resonate with us and think, "Wow, I wish I had written that."

    How neat to be in contact with old friends and classmates. I have found several on FB as well. It is lovely getting to know them again.

    Blessings, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Linda - I got a little bit of a kick out of it when I thought of it too! I think I'll be giving out a lot of those awards...

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!